Indigenous Training Solutions : ITS Truck and Plant Training, Truck License, MR, HR, MC, Licence, Heavy Vehicle Training, Certificate III in Civil Construction (Plant Operation), Excavator, Skid Steer Loader, Backhoe Loader, Front End Loader :

0401 481 562
Indigenous Training Solutions
Indigenous Training Solutions

Welcome to ITS Truck and Plant Training

ITS (Indigenous Training Solutions) is a Registered Training Organisation specialising in providing upskilling programs and training opportunities to communities in rural and outlying areas. We aim to teach skills and knowledge that can be used to secure genuine long-term skilled employment.


We provide training for all NSW licences from M.R to M.C. The training is hands on, with one student only in the vehicle and includes information on fatigue management, pro-active driving, hazard identification, load restraint, start/stop techniques, vehicle handling & positioning etc. Your instructor/assessor will tailor your training to suit your experience or lack of it, and will proceed at a pace that is comfortable for you. A written theory assessment is required before you complete the on-road training. The assessment is carried out using the competency standard designated by the RMS, and takes place over a minimum of 5 or 6 hours, depending on licence class. Our one-day course is designed for those people who are competent drivers with reasonable, regular on-road experience; we will extend training into a second day if the instructor considers that more practice is necessary.

All these licence courses are NSW Roads & Maritime Services approved; successful completion of the RMS required standards of competency will lead to an RMS-issued licence of the appropriate class.

Failure is automatic if you do anything that is unsafe or against the law.

Before you can enroll in any of these courses, you must pass the RMS knowledge test for the class of licence in which you wish to train. You must have received the HVCBA Learners Logbook and HVCBA Competency Guide.

  • You cannot apply for a heavy vehicle licence (M.R, H.R) unless you hold a class C licence or full green licence (P2) for a minimum of 2 years;
  • for an H.C licence, you must hold an H.R licence for 12 months before applying.
  • you must pass an eyesight test and the prescribed knowledge test.
  • M.C licences have special additional requirements; go to the RMS website to access these.


If you have done your licence test using an automatic or synchromesh gearbox, your licence will show a "Condition B". This restricts you from driving constant-mesh gearboxes where you have to double shuffle to change gears If you already have an unrestricted licence it will stay unrestricted.

An 'Unrestricted' licence is only granted when under CBA all competencies have been passed in a vehicle with a constant mesh (crash) gearbox. A crash or constant-mesh gearbox requires the operator to use the revs of the engine whilst the gearbox is in neutral and the clutch is out to aid in the changing of gears hence the term double declutching i.e. clutch in - neutral - clutch out - select revs - clutch in - select gear - clutch out).

However: If you currently have a truck licence and it has no conditions "B" on it, then you can upgrade on an automatic and still have an unrestricted licence issued to you.

Heavy vehicle drivers who later wish to have the 'B' condition removed from their licences can do so by undergoing an RMS driving test in a vehicle which is fitted with a crash gearbox. The test will be a shortened heavy vehicle driving test, but the same number of "demerit points" will apply. This test vehicle can be any vehicle type authorised by a class MR or higher. For example, a driver with a class HC licence endorsed with a condition 'B' can have the condition removed by passing a short test in a vehicle covered by a class MR, HR or HC licence.

We suggest you go to the RMS website and log onto the Driver Knowledge Test which applies to the licence class for which you wish to apply, either Rigid or Non-Rigid. You should practice until such time as you feel you can pass the actual knowledge test at the Motor Registry. Current cost for taking the knowledge test is $38.00, for HVCBA books $23.00 and for issue of licence when assessed as competent $48.00.

You can also download (free) the Heavy Vehicle Drivers Guide and the Load Restraint Guide from the RMS website. Both contain very useful information which will help you with the knowledge test.


Once you have made a booking with us for training and assessment, we require 72 hours notice if you need to cancel for any reason. If you give us less than 72 hours notice you will incur a 50% cancellation fee.

Medium Rigid License


  • Allows you to drive any 2 axle rigid vehicle with a GVM of more than 8 tonnes, plus any towed trailer with a GVM of up to 9 tonnes

Medium Rigid License


  • Allows you to drive any rigid vehicle including vehicles with 3 or more axles
  • Plus any towed trailer with GVM of up to 9 tonnes
  • Bendy buses

Medium Rigid License


  • Allows you to drive any semi--trailer with three or more axles
  • H.R. & trailer combination with three or more axles, including unladen dolly
  • Plus any rigid vehicle towing a trailer with a GVM of more than 9 tonnes